Sunday 10 April 2016

Sunday Afternoon

A book lies open on my lap and I turn the pages slowly. 
My enquiring wife asks “Are you reading ?”

“ No" I said and then added “Well yes,for actually I am dreaming into a book”

We have just returned from Ena’s at the Mill where we had a very satisfying  lunch.

I sat heavily into my favourite armchair and relaxed….. picked up the book called ‘Charlie Chaplin’s Wishbone and other stories’ by Aidan Mathews.

To be totally honest the text merged so well with my dreams, that I new not whether I was awake or asleep…

16 comments:

  1. Sounds a very relaxing Sunday afternoon .... I remember those ...... Vaguely .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. One could not ask for more my good man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful way of thinking, "I'm dreaming into a book"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that was what my senses seemed to be doing. Thank you for the comment Mitchell.

      Delete
  4. Know tat feeling well - it does often seem to occur on Sunday afternoons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect description of how Sunday afternoon should be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course a novel is a kind of dream of its own, but one that seems to be real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats why those pieces of writing are called novels d'you think :)

      Delete

Be polite at all times or run the risk of being blocked.