Monday 17 September 2018

Snippets !

Our grandson's artwork and an explanation.


The rabbits are playing hide n seek in the garden with the hedgehog, it's the last game of the day as the sun is setting & they must go into animal castle for the night to be safe... The lights are on in the castle to welcome them in & the drawbridge is down ready!




Mrs H's new shoes and Toby's hairy paws. 
I wonder if she should now be called Twinkly Toes ?



I have often noticed that this particular roof is always covered in pigeons,
surely they don't nest there other wise their eggs would roll off ?



The roadside welcome to Kinvarra when arriving from Galway - City of the Tribes.

The Tribes were the fourteen merchant families who prospered from trade with continental Europe. They dominated Galway's municipal government during the medieval and early modern eras.



My new pipe arrived in the post today a gift from  Mrs H who has been encouraging me 
to replace my old one for a couple of years now.

16 comments:

  1. Hi Mel - loved the various subjects ... fancy looking shoes - comfortable too; that pipe looks excellent; your grandson's art work ... a budding artist after grandma's talent ... and well a beautiful area of the world - lovely - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My grandson's mother (my daughter) is a graphic artist so it is in the blood his other hobby is mathematics and is not yet eight - time will tell...
      Many thanks for your comments and appreciation Hilary.

      Delete
    2. My daughter started out with arts, when studying, but her heart was never really in it, then she fell in love with chemistry, math and statistics, and her heart was and still is in it … smiles … Love, cat.

      Delete
    3. Thank you Cat. I think that we must never assume in which direction a persons path may take them.

      Delete
  2. Your grandson's illustration is precious, friend H … Just debating with myself whether I see 2 hedgehogs … and also saying: I hope he/they will find a good spot in that castle in order to hibernate … smiles … Your new header pic is just awesome … and the new pipe is divine … That reminds me … our PM Justin "Fidelito" Trudeau is legalizing pot smoking here in Canada by October 2018 … yeppers, sir … Anyway … Much love, cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very pleased that you like the new header of me giving a wave to all of my blogging friends !
      I have yet to break in the new pipe and as soon as I do then it may very well show up as a blog and then it might not :-) Thanks again for leaving your thoughts on the blog.

      Delete
  3. New shoes, new pipe, beautiful artwork -- all is right with the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Debra that is very kind of you and I do hope that you are correct about the world.

      Delete
  4. Your grandson has the creative gifts of both grandparents! I love the shoes and the hairy paws. AND... I had a Peterson pipe in the '70s when I made a brief foray into pipe smoking. It didn't suit me, but my best friend got hooked... and on Peterson pipes, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mitchell pipe smoking does not suit everyone, but at least you made the attempt and with an excellent pipe too. I have used many different pipes over the years from Meerschums to Petersons and the bent stem ones are always my preference.

      Delete
  5. I expect the pigeons lay square eggs so they don't roll off. (I like your new header.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are most likely right Sue; thanks for your contribution :-)

      Delete
  6. Enjoyed looking at this, very good stuff, regards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I smoked various pipes for many years. The only one I kept was a Peterson Meerschaum the same shape as yours. I enjoyed my pipes but gave up decades ago.

    ReplyDelete

Be polite at all times or run the risk of being blocked.