Wednesday 16 May 2018

POINTS OF VIEW

Since buying my new camera I have found myself becoming rather attached to it. 
There are times when it is not with me that I scold myself especially when I see a particular scene that, to my mind, would make an interesting photo.

So here are just a few of those photographs, things that have recently caught my eye.



The Ship on a Stick.

This can be found on the outskirts of Portumna, Co. Galway quite close to the River Shannon
upon which I doubt very much it will ever cruise again.



A conglomeration of coastal properties that sit under the Burren uplands and on the banks of 
Galway Bay. The smallest of them always attracts my eye.




The Keep

A very well preserved circular building made of local stone. 
I often wonder whether it was once a lot higher, though I guess that we shall never know.




Kiosk Lady

She must have plenty to natter about for she is always there, 
chatting away at all times of the day and night.





Rainbows on the wall

I captured these lads early one morning floating about and looking rather attractive, 
my one complaint is that the pots of gold are nowhere to be found.





Fresh leaves in Sunlight

The scene caught my eye this morning while visiting Mrs H in her studio, 
so I dashed indoors for my camera.




The Dog in the Doorway

How could I not resist capturing the magnificent Toby
guarding the entrance and enjoying the scent of spring.


It is a rambling garden that we have, with worn down paths that flow easily amongst 
whispering wild flowers where bees and other small creatures live in harmony.











14 comments:

  1. I can understand why you feel attached to the camera. Any art form makes us see the world with a different eye. Sad about the pots of gold but the golden green of the leaves makes up for it. Some of these pictures made me smile with their gentle humour. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks for your appreciative comments Bella.

      Delete
  2. Charming photos! You know, the titles you gave to your final 3 photos would together make a lovely verse of modern haiku.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment Debra glad you liked the pics and words :)
      I have never felt comfortable about using the term Haiku, probably because it is not part of my culture.

      Delete
  3. Hi Mel - looks lovely ... and yes just capturing what one sees makes sense ... love the prismatic effects ... always love those things ... and the greening ... oh and chatting ... an Irish thing isn't it?!?! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am happy to have amused you for a few minutes Hilary and thanks for leaving a comment.

      Delete
  4. Dog in the Doorway is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course it is your favourite because Toby reminds you of Rick :)

      Delete
  5. Lovely photo’s, my sort of garden. A glimpse into Heron’s heronry... lovely, more please...

    LX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Now that's the sort of appreciation that touches my heart. For I see those table top lawns as being very boring to the eye, when with no effort at all you can have a wild garden full of plants creating a beauty seldom seen.

      Delete
  6. I'd keep the camera close, too. Great shots. American rural fairs are famous (infamous) for having every kind of food "on a stick." But I'll bet not one has had a ship on a stick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mitchell the Ship on a stick is a real novelty and I just had to take photo. Thank you for the comment :)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. There most certainly is Simon and thanks for the comment.

      Delete

Be polite at all times or run the risk of being blocked.