Monday 8 April 2013

About time to......


My friends,

She the Bitch is dead.

I have longed for this day and there is not one thousandth of gramme of sorrow within me.  Perhaps this is not one of my best written pieces, it does though some up all that was angering me at that time and the neglect of people by governments Still angers me today.

Here below is that a piece which I angrily wrote in 1981 and am pleased to share it with you all.



In Oppression, oppressive state
burns a fire named freedom
confined in dreams - a longing ache
To be free sleeping beneath stars
swimmingly weightless smooth.

In Oppression, oppressive state
burns a fire named freedom
confined in dreams and memory.
Still a longing ache!
Away you Thatcherite's
and your slimy she devil
who cooked books and polls

In Oppression, oppressive state
burns a fire named Freedom
confined in dreams and memory.
A fire fuelled by poverty and division
Twenty thousand homeless in Bristol
Two thousand of whom sleep on city streets.
How wonderful for your great Britain!

In Oppression, oppressive state
burns a fire named Freedom!
Confined in dreams and memory.
Grieve then Saxon grocer's girl
No lacquered thatch for their roofs
Nor an emblazoned Dame-hood
You BITCH Maggie Thatcher!

MRL 12. 4. 81   


I rejoice at M. T's passing and I wish it had come sooner. I still do weep for those who suffered and for the Mothers who cried for their children when they struggled to feed them because thousands of workers were tossed on to the scrap heap of life - in the interest of gross capitalism.

I shall always remember seeing the tears in the eyes of unemployed parents and grandparents as they asked ‘Why?’

If justice was properly practised in the UK and in the world at large Margaret Thatcher ought to have been charged as a war criminal for ordering the Belgrano to be sank considering it was outside of the exclusion zone.



17 comments:

  1. The best joke I heard tonight is: that she was only in hell for three hours and managed to close two furnaces :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADAM said: Excellent Mel many of us bear the scars inflicted by Thatcher. My only regret is that the IRA failed to kill her in Brighton many years ago .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare said:Wow Mel....nice piece..Well the devil himself can have her now !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very hearty well said from me Mel, I come from a family of miners, and totally agree with everything you have said here. The poem is brilliant.
    Margaret xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am amazed MRL I sat at my computer on Tuesday morning and wrote....

    "I won’t weep at her passing, but I will weep for the mothers who cried for their children that they struggled to feed when thousands of workers were tossed on to the scrap heap of life in the interests of making more money."

    ....in response to the many who think it is not right to be so scathing of the dead. Tonight I see the same line (almost word for word) here on your blog.

    I thought I made that up, but obviously not where did you get it from?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maffi,
    I wrote those words last night from my experiences of when "She" tossed me on to the scrap heap and there I stayed on the dole for two and half years.

    You wrote them this morning okay :) and the similarity between us just might be from a shared experiences or from the great collective unconsciousness; strangely it does happen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't insult female dogs by calling her a bitch. That description is too good for her. I did a dance of joy when I heard the news.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Doohie ! I am shocked and here was I always believing that you were a good christian woman :) ???

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is class but the only difference between her and enda is she had bigger balls :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct Ciaran :)
      For readers not familiar with Ireland: it is Enda Kenny our prime minister

      Delete
  10. I am totally jaded about politicians. couldn't trust one as far as I could throw them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are probably right to be suspicious of them because most seem to be totally disconnected with the real world.

      Delete
  11. There seems to have been no middle ground with MT. People either loved her or they hated her. I was out of the country for most of her period in office, and so, disconnected as I was from the UK, I do not have these extreme feelings, but I can understand them well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The music star Morrissey said:

      "Thatcher will only be fondly remembered by sentimentalists who did not suffer under her leadership”

      Thatcher is remembered as The Iron Lady only because she possessed completely negative traits such as persistent stubbornness and a determined refusal to listen to others.
      "Every move she made was charged by negativity; she destroyed the British manufacturing industry, she hated the miners, she hated the arts, she hated the Irish freedom fighters and allowed them to die, she hated the English poor and did nothing at all to help them, she hated Greenpeace and environmental protectionists, she was the only European political leader who opposed a ban on the Ivory Trade, she had no wit and no warmth and even her own Cabinet booted her out."

      Delete
    2. Powerful words, Mel. Let me just say I was definitely not indifferent, and pretty anti MT. One of the (more private) reasons I left the UK was because her policies forced me into a no way out situation. And I agree about the warm crimes, but then I think Tony Blair should be accused of war crimes as well. They who are supposed to lead and serve us merely serve themselves and their cronies.

      Delete
    3. You are quite correct Blair along with Reagan and the two Bush presidents!

      Delete

Be polite at all times or run the risk of being blocked.