Sunday 27 October 2019

ON SECOND THOUGHTS


TOBY my faithful companion


On second thoughts I have decided to keep the blog going, in spite of Google restricting and curtailing my democratic rights to comment on other peoples blogs. Nor am I going with some peoples' advice to put google chrome on top of Apple's Catalina operating system or any other alternative programme. In similar vein am not moving over to Wordpress either, for no other reason other than my stubbornness.

I guess that I am making a silent return on this lovely sunny October day, sitting as I do near the window and today, looking up into a clear blue cloudless sky while a slight breeze gently trembles the leaves. The sight of this brings peace into the core of my being.

'Peace' at the core of our being is a very precious state to be in. So very subtle that it is hard to attain and also to maintain for very long. I know that some people see this state as being part a religious experience, I know for instance that the Dalia Lama mentions it as a being a mind-body-soul state, however, the word 'soul' rips me up somewhat for I am not a religious person and think the experience is that of mind-brain-body.

None of the above matters very much or is of any importance to anyone but my self they are merely words rolled into sentences and punctuated for ease of your understanding the thoughts of a complicated person.

Well until the next blog post I wish you all peace.

It seems now that I cannot even reply to comments ! so I will use this page to thank Debra for her kindly one.

Thanks Cat sorry about not getting visits or notifications of them. I must point out that Ireland is an independent state and is not in part of the UK or the Commonwealth. We are though a member of the EU and happy to be so.

Kris : May thanks for your kind words !

Lettice: I note that we have/had similar problems, pity that Google is so large that they cannot rectify the situation.

Vallypee: Thank you for your kind offer which I will take up.





at 17:22


6 comments:

  1. Glad you're still in the blogosphere! Toby looks like an ideal companion in peaceful pursuits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you've decided not to give up, Mel. I totally understand your position re not giving in to Chrome or other browsers, and it's great to see you here. Your post is lovely. The peace and tranquillity you speak of is food for the soul. If you feel like commenting on my blog, just do so as an anonymous reader. I accept 'anonymous' comments as long as people say who they are in the text. I also comment on my own blog anonymously in Safari sometimes. Oddly enough, Blogger on my old iMac, which has (I think) Sierra as the OS system, still works fine on all browsers, so it seems to be the newer operating system that's the problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you are cracking on. I had a similar thing, it was rectified by going via firefox. At least that’s what I think enabled me to reply, not being a techwhizz I’ve really no idea? Like you I’m blowed if I’ll go the wordpress route.

    LX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're not giving in. We would miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cherish comments, friend H. Though many of my regular readers do not comment, I can see their visits via the world map in stats. Scotland never visits. Anyway. Love, cat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad I will still be able to read you. Love the photograph - all looks so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete

Be polite at all times or run the risk of being blocked.