Sunday 24 September 2017

Blake's Art

I recently visited the home of a friend and was immediately attracted by a collage on his wall.

"Goodness who produced that ? It's terrific " I enquired.

"Blake gave it to me, it is one of his pieces that he did for an exam." He replied.

On my return home I phoned Blake and asked him about the work and what led him to produce this piece. 

He asked if I'd ever heard of Sacred Geometry?

In reply I told him what I knew of the theory and of how in my mind it has a loose connection with the earth energies that flow around the planet, for that that's what I saw in his illustration.

We then discussed how he had produced the piece by allowing his subconscious to randomly select a coloured pencil which he picked up with his left hand from a multitude of colours. 
Passing it to his right hand he drew and once used the colour was discarded and placed to his right. 

The real leaves that surround the drawing make a connection to the earth.

The CD placed in the centre reflects light and contains every colour.





Blake's creation reminded me of a colour sensitivity test that I devised many years ago. 
Participants who were right handed were blindfolded and randomly selected a coloured pencil with their left hand.
They held it for a few minutes and attempted to identify the colour using their other senses.
Then on a piece of paper they draw a shape or image which they thought was relevant.
Using the right hand they wrote the name of the colour they felt it was.
The results were very interesting, most people managed to get about forty percent correct on their first attempt. 
When the right-handed people used their right hand to pick up the pencils the results were a little higher and only one person out of a hundred was able to identify every colour with his right hand and none at all with his left.

Have you ever attempted to work with your subconscious or intuition ?



20 comments:

  1. No, I haven't. This is fascinating and the artwork is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blake is a talented young man - I think and one we need to watch as he matures with his art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting post. Never heard about colour sensitivity or sacred geometry before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well LA, they are two very interesting subjects for you to do your own research on.
      Thank you for commenting.

      Delete
    2. I have only ever heard of something similar in fiction but never tries it myself. It sounds as if you have interesting friends. :)

      Delete
    3. Indeed I do Bella and if you ever come over to Ireland I will gladly introduce them to you :-)

      Delete
  4. I did dream my A-level results correctly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How many years afterwards was that Simon ? :-) :-) !

      Delete
  5. How interesting, love the artwork and no I'm not sure I'd trust my subconscious to do anything. I'm sure it would get distracted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never in answer to your question but I find the collage interesting and also the experiments with coloured pencils . I might try it one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Pat and am sure the experiments will reveal much to you.

      Delete
  7. I can dowse for water. I like the collage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Dave and glad you like the collage - thanks

      Delete
  8. No, but that's fascinating. I must try it one of these days, and Blake's art work is indeed impressive! I like the symbolism.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a simple exercise that helps to open up other areas of the brain - if you are into that (?)
      Am glad to showcase Blake's art and hope to show more eventually.
      Thank you for commenting Val.

      Delete
  9. Hi Mel - really interesting art - fascinating; while your idea and Blake's thoughts I've never attempted ... lovely art work - a delight to see, no wonder you were bewitched when you visited him - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoy looking at this piece and the illusions that it creates that not all is as we first observe, Blake is something of a magician at heart too.
    Thanks for your comment Hilary.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fascinating. I have never tried anything involving colours although I use intuition quite often when it comes to assessing people (but then I expect most of us do that subconsciously anyway). However dowsing was mentioned and I have had success with that although I'm not quite sure whether it's affected by my subconscious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Graham.
    Yes I too like many others can dowse although I have no idea how or why it works or even why it is that some others are unable to dowse :-)

    ReplyDelete

Be polite at all times or run the risk of being blocked.